Error messageImage resize threshold of 10 remote images has been reached. Please use fewer remote images.
ASU DIY Accessibility Audit
What this tool does
Automated accessibility tests capture less than 25% of accessibility issues. This tool walks you step-by-step through a more robust manual evaluation of a single webpage. Answer the questions and submit the form to generate an accessibility report for your page. The report will include suggestions for fixing any accessibility issues found and can be saved as a PDF.
A report with no failed items indicates your webpage is accessible and compliant with the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, Level A and AA, the standard for web accessibility. You should retest your site once a year or more, depending on how often content changes.
How to use this tool
- The tool will tell you how to perform simple tests to answer each question. No knowledge of HTML or programming is necessary. Allow approximately 1 hour to complete the audit.
- To save an incomplete audit and to retrieve past audit reports, sign in with your ASURITE. (You do not need to sign in to complete the audit in one sitting and generate a one-time report.)
Learn more about accessibility best practices.
Step 1. Download Chrome Extensions
The audit requires the Chrome browser and two Chrome extensions. If you already have Chrome installed, switch to it now and re-open this page in Chrome. If not, download Chrome.
Once you are viewing this page in Chrome, click on each of the links below. A new window will open. Click the blue button to install the extensions.
The extensions will add two new buttons to your Chrome toolbar that look like this:
Step 2. Decide What to Evaluate
You don't need to test every page on your site or every screen of an application. However, you should audit:
- The homepage
- A representative page or screen from each section that has a unique layout
- Pages or screens that receive the most traffic
- Pages or screens with unique elements or functionality, such as:
- Tabs or accordions
- Slideshows, carousels or other interactive features
- Video or podcasts
- Many images
You will evaluate one page or screen at a time with this tool.
Step 4. Reports
Please sign in to view your previous audit reports.