Accessibility for Mobile Sites and Native Applications
At this time, the standards for mobile accessibility are the same as for web sites--that is, the latest Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), level AA. Although most WCAG guidelines apply to web pages viewed on both desktop computer and smaller mobile devices, a few accessibility issues are unique to mobile devices.
In WCAG 2.1, these guidelines were introduced specifically for mobile:
Also see Mobile sites and application testing.
- Android Developer: Build more accessible apps
- Android Accessibility Help
- Android Accessibility Tutorial: Getting Started
- Android Accessibility: The Missing Manual
- Material Design: Accessibility
Helpful tools, guides and checklists
- Mobile Accessibility: How WCAG 2.0 and Other W3C/WAI Guidelines Apply to Mobile (2015)
- Mobile Web Application Best Practices (2010)
- Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0 (2008)