Accessibility for Mobile Sites and Native Applications
At this time, the standards for mobile accessibility are the same as for web sites—that is, the latest Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), level AA. Although most WCAG guidelines apply to web pages viewed on both desktop computer and smaller mobile devices, a few accessibility issues are unique to mobile devices.
In WCAG 2.1, these guidelines were introduced specifically for mobile:
Also see Mobile sites and application testing.
- Android Developer: Build more accessible apps
- Android Accessibility Help
- Android Accessibility Tutorial: Getting Started
- Android Accessibility: The Missing Manual
- Material Design: Accessibility
Helpful tools, guides and checklists
- Mobile Accessibility: How WCAG 2.0 and Other W3C/WAI Guidelines Apply to Mobile (2015)
- Mobile Web Application Best Practices (2010)
- Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0 (2008)